Youth ArtCamp Shusha and Baku, August 26 - September 5, 20222022-06-10
We would like to note that the application process for the ArtCamp has already finished. The candidates who applied for the participation at the ArtCamp will obtain the results of their application until July 20, 2022.
Youth ArtCamp Shusha and Baku
The National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO together with Ministry for Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the National Commission of Andorra for UNESCO is pleased to announce a call for application for participation at the “Youth ArtCamp Shusha and Baku”.
The Youth ArtCamp Shusha and Baku is an artist-residency project organized to provide an opportunity for the guest artists to work in historical and natural sites of the Azerbaijan. The objective of the ArtCamp project is to create a showcase of art works for guest artists and to promote the fundamental values embraced by UNESCO, including the sustainability of peace and the protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expression.
The “Youth ArtCamp Shusha and Baku” will be held from August 26 to September 5, 2022 in Shusha and Baku cities of Azerbaijan. Painters aged between 18 and 35 years are eligible to participate at the ArtCamp. The young artists that are interested in applying to the ArtCamp should be nominated by UNESCO National Commissions of their country. After the application process, 20 young artists will be selected by the jury for the participation at the ArtCamp. All expenses related to the participation will be covered by the Ministry for Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including airfare tickets and accommodation costs. Concept note and programme of ArtCamp provide further details of the project.
Additional Details of ArtCamp Azerbaijan:
• The materials will be provided by the Ministry, including brushes, pencils, canvasses, etc
• The creative spaces for the participating artists in Shusha, Aghdam, and Fuzuli will be provided by the Ministry
• The Ministry will cover the costs of full-board accommodation and transportation throughout the ArtCamp for the artists
• The Ministry will cover the costs of international airfare tickets
• The painters are urged to foster exchange within the gathering and encourage dialogue. In this regard, regional presentation sessions will be organized during the ArtCamp to provide an opportunity for participants to spread awareness of their cultures. Accordingly, participants will have 15 minutes to present their culture, country of origin and more specifically their commitment to peace and sustainable development
• Parallel events will be also organized by the Ministry during ArtCamp, such as the exhibition of works created by the participating artists and excursions to historic sites in Shusha and Baku
• Participating artists will be notified about any precautions they need to take in relation to developments in the health situation
• At the end of the project the painter hands over one of his art work to the Ministry for Culture
• Entry rules to the Republic of Azerbaijan and list of countries allowed to enter Azerbaijan during COVID-19 pandemic is available at: https://mfa.gov.az/en/category/covid-19-pandemiyasi-ile-elaqedar-azerbaycan-respublikasina-giris-qaydalar
• Participating artists from countries with which the Republic of Azerbaijan has current bilateral agreements about visa-free regime will not need Visa for traveling to Azerbaijan. The list of countries being part of bilateral agreements with the Republic of Azerbaijan for visa-free regime is available at: https://mfa.gov.az/en/category/viza/vizasiz-gedis-gelis-rejimi-tetbiq-olunan-olkeler
• Participating artists that are from countries which are not in the abovementioned list of countries and, accordingly, not being part of visa-free regime need Visa for entering Azerbaijan
There is an opportunity of obtaining e-visa through https://evisa.gov.az/en/
The list of countries whose citizens are eligible for e-visa is available at: https://evisa.gov.az/en/countries
The participants who are not eligible for e-visa, must apply to diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan for visa
Conditions of Participation:
• Participants must be painters aged between 18 and 35 years old
• Required documents
• Electronic version of passport size photo
Electronic versions of the last 2 art works
COVID-19 Vaccine Passport / immunity certificate
• Participating artists agree to place their fame and talent at the service of UNESCO values and principles, to raise awareness of the Organisation’s mission in the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development: promoting education, science, culture, communication and information to foster peace
• Participating artists are encouraged to give a presentation of their culture to the other participants in ArtCamp
• Participating artists pledge to create two or three works during ArtCamp
• Participants pledge to respect the project philosophy and to share and engage in dialogue with the other participants